Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing #9


As I spent hours looking at pictures I chose ones that spoke to something from home or school (of course). We are attempting to create a water garden and have fish to enjoy. We are fighting the food web in our area to keep the fish in the water and out of the digestive systems of our neighborhood predators. Our water lily doesn't look nearly this healthy!
When I started looking through Flickr yesterday I was amazed at some of the pictures posted for public use. I even played a bit with uploading a few of my grandchildren, but chose to keep them private for safety reasons. Then as I continued through the lesson I ventured into the Creative Commons segment of Flickr. I felt on much firmer ground there, but there were still pictures I considered to be more of a personal nature. However, I now have at least a glimmer of where some pictures on different emails could have possibly originated from.
Several times when I would click to get an enlarged view of a picture I would come across an indication beneath the picture that it was copyrighted, yet the picture was located in an area of creative commons that indicated free use for non profit purposes. It looks like I need to go back and do some reviewing since I feel as steady as warm Jello!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like our neck of the woods, Mary Ann. We had a snake on the bac porch munching on one of my frogs. That is not the part of the food chain I support. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete