Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing #16

Where was this when I was in the classroom? Library Thing is a wonderful tool for both the classroom and personal books. Of course I'd need to get a cell phone so that I could have access to this tool when I was out shopping. How many times have I bought a second copy of something simply because I couldn't remember if I already had it since I hadn't gotten around to reading that particular one.? Of course I could stop buying until my stack(s) got down to a manageable level and I caught up with my reading! Naw, that would be counterproductive should I end up somewhere with a few minutes of wait time and no book to read.

Even though I am in the process of relocating my classroom books to various locations this would be an extremely beneficial tool to just keep track of the books we have for personal reading. Cataloguing our home library will have to wait until I get these Web 2.0 tools completed. That would probably be a good time to also decide which books could be passed on to someone who would read them if I don't intend to go back and reread them. Those that feel close to being a member of the family will be the ones to get catalogued! This is the book that I'm currently trying to get finished.


While wandering throughout the site I did join Children's Fiction, and later will probably join other groups as well. Once again, this was a place where it was entirely to easy to get lost in the exploration. In the meantime I intend to take a mental break so that I can finish reading Savvy by Ingrid Law, one of our Bluebonnet book nominees for this coming school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment