Sunday, June 21, 2009

Thing #8

This was a good way to introduce us to the potential uses of materials in our classrooms and our schools. It has also got me thinking on what I want to do to make the SOP for the 2009/20010 school year both more productive and beneficial for our teachers which will hopefully lead directly to the same outcome for the students. Before viewing the links given here I hadn't paid any attention to the CC logo. I had read one librarian's comments on its use.

As I went through the different links there were things I put into a folder of places I want to get back to and use throughout the year. With the potential of Creative Commons we should be able to migrate away from end products that are basically a regurgitation of what the student copied from some (chances are - outdated) source. I can see where this would energize research and reporting. Some students love "acting out" and why not provide an educational manner that encourages them to learn and then perform in a way that is acceptable as well as teaching others what we'd like for them to know more about.

Other than NetTreker I have not used video clips from the web, nor have I chosen to share content on the web. The intellectual aspect of the teaching materials used on our campus are owned by the publishing companies of tho materials which are purchased by the district. One negative aspect I could visualize is more time spent on the compilation of an end product as opposed to creating original material (adaptations vs. original thinking).

No comments:

Post a Comment