Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thing #12

What a trip! this was a fascinating time. There were some that I instantly took to and others that didn't stick with me. I am going to give 30boxes a try. It will take me a while to get the hang of it, but it seemed to go well for me. With Blabberize I preferred the use of cartoons to those of people and animals. Gliffy would really present a "professional" product for students and fits in with Thinking Maps. Now JigZone should come with a warning for those people who like puzzles. I spent far too much time there.

Letter Pop reminds me a lot of Print Shop and to think that it is free is a big plus. The ones that I really thought to be beneficial to the classrooms were Quizlet and PollDaddy. These have such great potential for using with almost any subject. Quizlet can fit with so many different subjects and PollDaddy is a perfect way to get students to get immediate feedback from the way they choose for the results to be displayed. This might help some struggling students to finally make that step from a concrete understanding to the abstract. Thing #12 is something I can't wait to share with our staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment