Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing #1

For me learning new things is fun; I just never considered learning new technology to be fun. I do have to admit that a word processing program has the typewriter laid in the shade and therefore I suppose all of the other aspects of technology will probably turn out to be just as wonderful. Getting pictures of our grandchildren here in Texas or those from our youngest, currently in Thailand, are always a treat. That being said, using the new technology to my advantage will be the most challenging habit for me. It looks like that with this class I'll at least get a chance to "play" with the technology to see which of the multitude of Web 2.0 tools fit me best. The easiest 'habit' for me will be accepting responsibility for my own learning. As long as I have people who are patient enough to help me I am willing to stretch one dendrite to another until I can set up a path to travel each time. The great thing about this is there are so many wonderfully patient people within our district who are so gracious to lend a helping hand. The most important habit for me is the one where I will teach and mentor others. Since I will be traveling in "unknown territory" I will remember to use the that patience shown to me and pass it on to those that may forget from time to time (just like I do) and just need a bit of a reminder.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I promise I will be more patient than my mom and Dennis claim I am (or should I say am not) (O: You will walk away from this and the tools that are truly beneficial to you will be the ones you use continually. Once you become more comfortable, you will continue to add tools to your daily use. Working with you guys on this has me using some of the tools that I didn't have a need for back then , but are now helping me manage all the posts for this course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that it takes patience not only from others TO us as we are exploring and learning, but certainly, also PATIENCE with ourselves! This is hard for me. I expect too much too fast!

    ReplyDelete