Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing #20

No more e-mailing something from home to school or vice versa! Anything I have on Google Docs I can access from my brother's home or any one of my son's homes. I am thinking of how convenient this would have been when another librarian and I were working together on a recent project. Also it would have been great while I was taking classes last year. This will save trips between various offices, or classrooms and the library, not to mention cutting down on interruptions on both ends.

This reminds me somewhat of the wiki activities. There were some things that I couldn't find as I created the spreadsheet I worked on. The spreadsheet will be quite convenient for generating a weekly library and computer schedule. I'm wondering if forms can be created in Google Docs and then uploaded to a wiki.

When a system is easy enough for me to work I consider it to be user friendly. Other than reading through the material in this assignment and following those directions the process seemed to work quite smoothly. The spreadsheet would make an efficient tool to keep track of information on library helpers (telephone #s, homeroom, birthdays, grade level, etc.). It would even work for creating a student generated listing of those "scary" books that students from everywhere come in and ask for, or any other particular segment of a genre.

1 comment:

  1. Madison created a Google Doc survey for her science fair project last year. She uploaded it to my Blog, and she got results from all over.
    You are right: where was all of this while we were taking classes? I am sure it was out there, I just think our institutions of higher learning need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete