Monday, July 6, 2009

Summary

Thanks For the Memories! No, the journey isn't over; it has just begun. Asking us to pick among our favorite discoveries is almost like asking us which one is our favorite student or our favorite child. I will say that there are definitely some that I enjoyed more than others, but I don't know that they were the ones that I learned the most from.

There were times that things we did almost gave us a preview of what was to come. That was good because when we came to the actual "Thing" we had enough of an inoculation that we weren't killed off by the new adventure (hopefully that made a bit of sense). This course has given me enough confidence to at least investigate new learning that might be uncomfortable at that particular time. There are many things that I will be taking-a-way! I've kept a notebook so that I'll have it to return to when I have muddied the waters. Should a continuation of this or a different discovery program be offered I would be willing to give it my best.

This experience has given me resources to learn from and implement as a librarian and as an individual. There are so many things that I want to share with our teachers, many of whom I found were already on Facebook. I definitely want our school to try out blogging in some format, but I'll check that out with our technology facilitator, who also completed this staff development.

Our classes are self-contained, but I can definitely see how the sites we visited and subscribed to would really empower us to be better informed and connected to resources that would benefit our school community as a whole. Thank you for your leadership, and also even more thanks for the patience in helping us along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment