Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thing # 18

What a journey this thing has been, and we only get to share one video? I came across Teacher Tube several years ago but hadn't subscribed to it until this last March after seeing the creators once more at a conference I was lucky enough to attend. To be truthful the only time I had ever explored YouTube before this was when I was searching for Il Divo videos. Since I'm not uploading that one I'll just provide a link for those of you who haven't seen them perform. They're better than any pill you can take for stress relief.

The first thing I spent time with on YouTube was their 'how to' videos. Some of the people commenting on the amateur ones can be vicious, and that's when I found the ones provided by YouTube. Next I played around with looking for something I could use in presenting library lessons this coming year. There were a few interesting sites and I've saved those. One was prepared with animation, and another with sock monkeys (this one was on TeacherTube). The one with animation was in two parts.

After more hours than I care to admit I started searching for material that could be used in research projects at the elementary level. When I entered a search for the Alamo I got a trip down memory lane. They used a song by Marty Robbins as the background for this video. It was quite well done and with the combination of music would even hold the attention of secondary students as well. Also on Teacher Tube I came across one titled the Challenges of Our Changing World that would be appropriate for upper elementary and secondary students.

In closing I'm going to leave you with one my favorite Il Divo songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment